A Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) is a formal statement of commitment to reconciliation. A school or early learning service can develop a RAP using the Narragunnawali platform to register existing initiatives or to begin a new journey.
The key steps for developing a RAP are:
- Establish a RAP Working Group: A diverse Working Group ensures the responsibility of implementing reconciliation initiatives does not sit with one person.
- Complete the Reflection Survey: To assist with planning, the Reflection Survey gives a snapshot of reconciliation in the school or early learning service.
- Write a Vision for Reconciliation: A Vision clearly communicates the school or early learning service’s commitment to reconciliation to the community.
- Add RAP Actions: There are 39 RAP Actions to select from, including 14 that are a minimum requirement.
- Submit the RAP: RAPs are submitted to the Principal or Director for approval and to Reconciliation Australia for review.