Strengthening our existing relationships and making everyone feel welcome is at the heart of what it means to be part of Mareeba Community Kindergarten. Our goals are:
- To develop more and richer relationships with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- To enrich the children's knowledge and understanding of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and knowledge’s.
- For all children to come together in a sense of community and to eliminate any biases from an early age.
- To be more open and invite families to be involved in our reconciliation journey.
- To make Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families feel welcome here in our place, so they feel confident and comfortable to enter and be a part of the program on any level.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People in the Classroom
Cultural Competence for Staff
Welcome to Country
Build Relationships with Community
Teach about Reconciliation
Explore Current Affairs and Issues
Acknowledgement of Country
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flags
Take Action Against Racism
Staff Engagement with RAP
Celebrate RAP Progress
Celebrate National Reconciliation Week